busamod sled

For all the SPEED RUN topics
PLATINUM MEMBER

busamod sled

Postby kutter » Thu May 04, 2006 10:32 pm

whatever happened to that turbo huyabusa speed running sled?
lets do this
LMBSS.NET

SUPER SLED RACER

Postby speednutt » Fri May 05, 2006 3:33 am

He ran out of time to finish testing this past season. He was updating his ignition and just ran out of time. Just watch, he will be on here soon. Watch for the name Pengilly.

PLATINUM MEMBER

Postby kutter » Thu May 11, 2006 12:20 am

i still have his pics, that thing is baaaaaddd!!
lets do this
LMBSS.NET

SUPER SLED RACER

Postby pengilly » Thu May 25, 2006 11:00 pm

Hey guys!
Great new site hey!
Busamod is sitting outside just waiting for next winter. Ive been trying to get a buddy to stop over so I can get the last video I promised everybody over on Amsnow. There is a few things left Id like to get done this summer so we are ready next fall. Its coming along good we pulled the molds out of the other shop and Im going to get them modified so we can make the tunnel cover. I need to call Velocity and go over the new software with them so I can adjust the fuel curve. After that its time to let it rip and test it again at a higher boost levels......say 20lb range. If everything works ok it should be in the 160 range at that point. Im having a hard time not buying a Busa and installing this motor in it. Now that would be fun :shock:

Hello to everybody
great site
Later
Jeff

PLATINUM MEMBER

Postby kutter » Fri May 26, 2006 9:02 am

i hope by outside you mean in a garage!!!!
lets do this
LMBSS.NET

SUPER SLED RACER

Postby pengilly » Fri May 26, 2006 6:04 pm

Ya for sure!
You reminded me of a sled I sold many years ago. It was one of my first open mods. We took an old cat tunnel, widened out the front end,lowered it and bolted a 650 starfire triple in it. it had a early skorpion sno pro hood that we cut up to fit :shock: (do you realise what thats worth today) It was crude but it ripped pretty good. She would engage at about 9000 and hang the skiis forever, or flip over backwards whatever came first. i sold it to this guy who painted all cool and put this hudge hoop on the rear for his feet, (he called it the super hoop) It was hillarious watching him run it. It ran about 110 on a good day. One day I stopped over and there it was sitting out side, uncovered next to the garage. I was shocked, kind of, the carbs wide open, I give it a pull and shes rusted solid. junk. he sold it to some salvage guy. Busamod has a nice home out IN the garage thats in the videos you guys have seen.

Anyway, Later
Jeff

Return to SPEED RUNS