road course for mira

For all your General Racing related topics
SUPER SLED RACER

road course for mira

Postby kbracing » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:37 pm

MIRA operates as a NASCAR style racing, so why not try a road course? It would change things up a little bit and create a challenge for the teams and drivers. This could maybe help some of the less competitive oval racers, even the score and possibly bring in more racers and fans. Just a thought.

SUPER SLED RACER

Re: road course for mira

Postby K&KRACING#36 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:05 pm

so what you are saying is you would like to see a lemans style course??
Walt Komarnizki
K&K RACING #36

SUPER SLED RACER

Re: road course for mira

Postby kbracing » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:01 pm

Yes, a road-course style like NASCAR has. I have been a MIRA fan from back to the Roger Britt and Tom St John (#6 Team Highland) and Dave Yarhouse days. I have attended just about any event that MIRA has offered but I have never seen them try a road course. I think this could help even the scores between the less dominant oval teams and the more successful ones. This could put a new challenge for crews (sled set-ups and handlings) and drivers. This course would have to be designed with safety in mind. Long turns and few straight-a-ways to keep speeds down. Of course, MIRA would have to get together and hash out the details. This also could bring in a new group of spectators. Thanks for your post.

Return to GENERAL